In our continuing efforts to make sure you’re always protected online, the X-VPN team is happy to announce the launch of the brand new X-VPN extension for Google Chrome. Along with Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux devices, X-VPN protection has added browser-based protection for your online defense.
Features for X-VPN Chrome Extension
- No Ads, No logs.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Simple UI and easy to use (simply ‘Connect’ & ‘Disconnect’).
- 20 Free server locations.
- 54+ server locations available in over 40 counties.
- Hide your real location and online activities.
- Encrypt and protect your browser traffic with military grade security.
- Optimize your connection speed. Connect to the Fastest Server that gives you the fastest connection speed.
- Get unlimited access to sites such as Youtube, US-Netflix, Pandora, Hulu, Amazon-Prime, BBC, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more—no matter where you are in the world.
- What’s even better – X-VPN extension is extremely light and fast so that you can switch between locations in no time.
Getting started with the X-VPN Chrome extension
X-VPN for Chrome is available for Chrome version 40 and later.
It’s easy to install, try it now:
- Visit the X-VPN Chrome extension page in the Chrome Web Store.
- Click ‘ADD TO CHROME’ and then click Add.
- Turn protection on from the X-VPN icon in your browser. Then you’re ready to browse securely and anonymously.
Once X-VPN is installed in your browser, you can turn protection on or off with a flip of a switch. Choose the virtual location you want to browse with or select ‘the Fastest Server’ to let our special algorithm pick the best option for you based on server load, distance, and other specifications.
How different is it from X-VPN Android, iOS, Windows and Mac apps?
The Chrome extension has the same basic features as other X-VPN clients—it hides your IP address, unblocks content, encrypts your traffic, and secures your browsing sessions.
The difference is that your online activities outside of your browser are not protected by the X-VPN extension. While the X-VPN standalone apps protect all traffic received and sent from your device, the X-VPN extension will only secure and encrypt your browser’s traffic. So if you Skype with someone, your Skype connection will not be protected by the Chrome extension. For full protection, we highly recommend using the X-VPN desktop and mobile apps, so all your internet traffic gets protected.
If you’re looking for a lightweight, FREE and easy-to-use solution just for your browser, then the X-VPN Chrome extension is for you.
What Do You Think of the New X-VPN Chrome extension?
X-VPN is committed to bringing you the best VPN app, and welcome all your questions, comments, and concerns. Just leave them in the comments below.
And, as always, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Support Team if you have any questions!